Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Lez Girls are saying
Powered by ShoutJax
Gallery

What was your first reaction when you saw "The L Word" for the first time

Go down

What was your first reaction when you saw "The L Word" for the first time

Post  minnie on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 am

I am curious to know .. because this show has changed my life . Still don't know if in a better way LOL!

I just wanted to tell you my experience.
The first time I saw The L Word it was on tv , an Italian channel.
After the first episode .. I felt doped, on drugs, constantly .. uhmmm... excited ? LOL!
I did not want to be naughty, but you know what I meant.

I remember I waited every Wednesday night and took a cup a coffee.
The episode was at 11.30pm and I WANTED to stay awake.
Then I began to read everything about the show on the internet and when I knew that I could buy the DVD's.. I bought the first 3 seasons and stayed up for nights , watching and rewatching every episode, again and again.
Then I learned how to use the Internet for watching also Season 4, 5 and 6. I downloaded every episode and I have all of them on DVD's.
I don't watch the show anymore.. but I keep in a big box .. uhmm let's see : 72 DVD's?
That box is hidden in my closet, under shirt, nightgowns and underpants .
LOL .. sometimes I think .. if I died.. LOL not if .. when I die , what will my family will think opening that box ? LOL !

minnie
Has earned her own Planet coffee mug

Back to top Go down

Re: What was your first reaction when you saw "The L Word" for the first time

Post  paperinik on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:56 am

minnie wrote:I am curious to know .. because this show has changed my life . Still don't know if in a better way LOL!

I just wanted to tell you my experience.
The first time I saw The L Word it was on tv , an Italian channel.
After the first episode .. I felt doped, on drugs, constantly .. uhmmm... excited ? LOL!
I did not want to be naughty, but you know what I meant.

I remember I waited every Wednesday night and took a cup a coffee.
The episode was at 11.30pm and I WANTED to stay awake.
Then I began to read everything about the show on the internet and when I knew that I could buy the DVD's.. I bought the first 3 seasons and stayed up for nights , watching and rewatching every episode, again and again.
Then I learned how to use the Internet for watching also Season 4, 5 and 6. I downloaded every episode and I have all of them on DVD's.
I don't watch the show anymore.. but I keep in a big box .. uhmm let's see : 72 DVD's?
That box is hidden in my closet, under shirt, nightgowns and underpants .
LOL .. sometimes I think .. if I died.. LOL not if .. when I die , what will my family will think opening that box ? LOL !

LOL what you wrote it is the same thing happened to me. I have 1-2-3-4st season and I'm waiting to buy 5st and 6st.
I loved so much this show and really chanced my mind and life. I could know some people feel like me.
I have my DVD in my closet, but not hid. Razz
paperinik

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowsmileyfaces on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 pm

The very first show I saw was the episode that Bette was touching herself while Jodi was underneath her. At first I thought "Oh my gosh this show is so dirty". However, after that I started thinking about it. It showed every night that week and I must have watched it 4 out of the 5 times. The next week I tried it again and then I was hooked. I rented the first season and finished all the way through 4 before the end of season 5 was even done. I loved it! I wish they would make a movie!

yellowsmileyfaces
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mother Ocean on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I pretty much watched it from the start. It was the talk of the town when I lived on "The West Side" You couldn't drive anywhere in West LA and not see a billboard. At first I thought...Wow, this is just another cheesy soap opera...the only difference is the characters are Lesbian. They sure didn't look like me or any of MY lesbian friends...no more than those "Desperate Housewives" look like any housewives I know....with a few exception. I found myself watching, however, and starting to relate to them. Things they talked about, situations they found themselves in. Underneath these glamorous and hip exteriors were people who felt and saw the world as I do. I think the most important thing that came out of that show, for me, was with my straight friends....who found themselves watching and relating to the same things that were said and the same situations....and realizing being gay was not this great mystery...this "freak" of nature but, just people relating in a group and trying to find love in a different place. I love you

Admin
Admin

http://lezgirls.freeblogforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down